HOW WE CAN KNOW FOR SURE WE’RE GOING TO HEAVEN!
Jesus loves us and want us to spend eternity with Him in Heaven. Unfortunaley, the sin nature that we were born with will keep that from happening. The only solution is to accept and receive Jesus as Saviour. Accepting His death, burial, and resurrection as payment for our sin. Please consider the following from God’s Word, the Bible:
1. - NO ONE IS GOOD ENOUGH TO GET TO HEAVEN. Romans 3:10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one: Let’s face it! We are all sinners; none of us is perfect and deserving of Heaven. In fact, our sin separates us from God and disqualifies us from obtaining Heaven on our own. There is no amount of good works that can get us to Heaven.
2. - THERE IS AN ETERNAL PUNISHMENT FOR SIN. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. The Bible says that the payment for sin is death. According to Rev. 20:14-15 this is in a place called the lake of fire. Since we’re all sinners, and all sinners have earned this punishment, each of us deserves hell. Jesus loves us! He doesn’t want this to be our final outcome, so He made a way of escape.
3. - JESUS PAID OUR SIN DEBT WHEN HE DIED ON THE CROSS. Romans 5:8 But God commendeth His love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Jesus, God’s perfect and sinless Son, died on the Cross to pay our sin debt so that we wouldn’t have to pay it. He was then resurrected in order to purchase and offer salvation to everyone.
4. - RECEIVE HIM IN ORDER TO HAVE ETERNAL LIFE. Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. If you would like to accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your Saviour, call upon His name today and He will save you.
Pray this suggested prayer... Dear Lord Jesus, I know that I am a sinner and I can’t get to Heaven on my own. Right now, the best way I know how, I receive You as my personal Saviour, come into my heart and into my life; forgive me of my sin and take me to Heaven when I die. Amen
All of the architectural drawings for the needed improvements of our building have been completed (including those we were waiting for by the subcontractors) and have now been submitted to Sac. County building department so that we may obtain our buidling permits. After review, the county could ask for aditional drawings or clarifications or could just give us our permits (we're praying for the latter). This process can take up to ten business days and any needed changes could take even longer.
We have been collecting money for the improvements that we'll need to make as well as the purchasing of chairs for our new auditorium. We have collected enough $ to buy 120 chairs, we're now waiting on the building progress before we purchase them. We have a sample chair at church for those who would like to see what we're going to buy.
New tracts and cards - once a building permit is issued, we'll send our next set of printing to the printer. The tracts and cards will be date sensitive so we don't want to print something and not be able to use them if we have unforseen delays.
We have officially signed a lease to move to the building at 4620 Northgate. Apporximate time frame for us to move in is 8 weeks (possibly June 16th). The building must undergo several upgrades for us to assemble there. Updates on the progress will be regular.
After our meeting with the building representatives, we have been able to bring down the cost of the tenant improvements. They have emailed us an updated proposal; upon acceptance we will then proceed to drafting a lease. Once the lease has been signed and accepted, the work will begin at the new building which we could move into as early as June 1st. Those who would like to see and comment on the proposal should contact Pastor ASAP.
We're prayerfully considering three possibilities (updated 3/5/13):
#1 - Move to 4620 Northgate: This would be our own lease and would provide 5,500 sq. ft. of much needed space. We have been in negotiations with the owner and are coming close to final decisions. Our biggest hurdle now is the requirements that Sac. County is placing on changing the occupancy from office to assembly. We are planning to have a joint meeting with the owner, and the county representative to see if there is any way we can meet all their requirements, but at a discounted price. The exact time of this meeting has not been set.
#2 - Stay at our current location: There is still a little uncertainty about the charter schools from whom we sublease. We tentatively believe that the Westlake Charter School will be moving out of the location and the Natomas Star Academy will remain. This may free up some space for us so that we can once again obtain our own room (as opposed to the weekly set up that we currently have).
#3 - Continue to search for a new location: We are continuing to prayerfully search and consider other options!
From the Archive
- 04.21April 21, 2013|Sunday Morning Service The invisible, visible. Download Play
- 04.21April 21, 2013|Sunday Evening Service For Christ's Sake Download Play
- 04.17April 17, 2013|Bible Study Relationships #13 Download Play
- 04.14April 14, 2013|Sunday Evening Service A Token Download Play
- 04.14April 14, 2013|Sunday Morning Service The Demand for a decision Download Play
- 04.10April 10, 2013|Bible Study Relationships Week # 12 Download Play
- 04.07April 07, 2013|Sunday Evening Services "Frustrated Purpose" Download Play